August 21, 2011
August 2011 Chicken BBQ History!
On Sunday, August 21st the CFC held is annual chicken BBQ. The dinner ran from noon till 5:00 PM and we sold roughly 800 dinners. This years dinner had a special event too. Gary Ryman, who is the author of Firemen: Stories from Three Generations of a Firefighting Family did a book signing from noon till 2:00 PM. Gary also sold a 11 copies of his book during the dinner and not just to firefighters, but to non-firefighters as well. Also during the BBQ a Scranton Times Newspaper photographer was in attendance taking pictures for the Monday, August 22nd edition of the newspaper in the Around and About section, so check it for some great pictures.
The officers and members of the fire company would to thank everyone for coming out and supporting us during this fundraiser! We greatly appreciate your parsonage. We would also like to thank our "pit crew" for preparing all the chickens and their hard work. Also a special thank you goes out to:
- President Donald F. Stephens for all his hard work.
- Lamar advertising for all their help with our billboard advertising.
- All the members who sold tickets for the BBQ and to members who helped run the BBQ.
- Also a thank you to Gary Ryman for coming down as our special guest for part of the afternoon. We enjoyed having him.
For more information on Gary's Book, Check out the following sites:
- Fire Men by Gary Ryman: Offical Website
- Fire Men's Facebook
- Keep 200 ft. Back: My View From The Back Step/Gary's Blog
Post a Comment